Sat, Sep 11|
Work Day with Farm Lunch Provided
Come help us clear the garden for fall and we will treat you to a delicious lunch of lamb, veggies, bread and cold drinks.
Time & Location
Sep 11, 2021, 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Turlock, 952 9th St, Turlock, CA 95380, USA
About the Event & Guidelines
Would you like to spend a few hours in nature, gettting your hands dirty with healthy soil, smelling fresh basil and flowers, working up a little sweat, hearing sheep & chickens going about their day and then enjoy a delicious lunch of lamb, freshly harvested veggies and cold drinks? Then this event is for you!
"When you work on the farm, the farm works on you."
We need some help clearing out the garden, removing dead/old plants and prepping things for fall plantings. We would love to have you come and give us a hand! We will work for a couple hours, then afterwards, enjoy a fresh lunch straight from our farm: pastured lamb, fresh veggies, bread and nice cold drinks.
Those who come to help will also be welcome to pick some veggies to take home with them.
We would GREATLY appreciate your help - it should be a fun morning surrounded by community and natural beauty.
MORE DETAILS & THINGS TO NOTE:
1. We ask that you RSVP to this event if you plan to come, so we know how much food to prepare. Please RSVP for each person from your family that is planning to come.
2. Some tasks will involve pulling, lifting, chopping, etc - so please keep that in mind.
3. We will have water/drinks with lunch and some extra, but we ask that you bring your own water to stay hydrated during the work portion.
4. Tennis shoes, boots or water proof sandals are recommended- there are bugs, manure, thorns, etc - so plan your attire accordingly. =)
5. Please bring a pair or two of pruning shears, trimmers, scissors, clippers, etc if you have some - it would be very helpful!
6. CHILDREN that are old enough to help are welcome. We do not have childcare & although our farm is a fun place for kids, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt while the grownups are working. We do have an area that kids are welcome to play in, but ask that you don't leave your very young children unattended.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE REACH OUT TO US AT firstname.lastname@example.org.